Sunday, August 17, 2008

Go to Wal-Mart.

Yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart with my sister. Because of Saturday, there were many people shopping in Wal-Mart. Most people put lots of products into their shopping carts, and went around to choose something.
Wal-Mart is the topic of my research paper, and this time, I wanted to do some surveies about it. I came up some questions, and typed it on some pieces of paper. I asked some employees to answers my questions. As following:

1. Are you satisfied with your work now.

A. Yes. B. So so. C. No.
2.If your answer is NO, what's your reason ?

A. lower wage. B. poor health care. C . others
3. Do you want to change your job now?

A. Yes. B. No.
4. How long have you work there?

A. 1~3 B.3~5 C5~7.

6 employees had answered my questions, and they were so nice. They tried their best to help me. According to the results, most people were satisfied with their work now. People who answered no were not satisfied with wages, and most employees wanted to keep on working there. Thus, Wal-Mart is not a sinner as some people said, and it pays more attention to their employees. Wal-Mart also puts lots of money to protect the environment.
I also talked to some consumers how often do you come to Wal-Mart in a week. Most people said 1 or 2 times a week, and they bought many products for one time. As you see, many consumers put Wal-Mart as their first choice if they want to buy something. They can get a lower price here, and Wal-Mart has lots of products.
This survey is very helpful to me, and i will put its results into my presatation.

1 comment:

Don said...

I wonder how much money a typical customer spends at Wal-Mart per month? It might be a pretty big number.

It was interesting to me, what your research said about Wal-Mart's lack of "shelf fees," and their policy instead of allowing individual store managers to aggressively move out underperforming products. It means that what Wal-Mart actually has for sale changes quickly compared to other stores. So the customers come and find new products all the time. This should have them coming more frequently -- but it also means that they can't be coming with specific purchase ideas in mind, because they wouldn't be able to count on those products actually being there.